Thursday, November 22, 2012

On this day of Thanksgiving

For just over 4 years I have been blogging. I have blogged personally about my family and life and counted my blessings on a regular basis. Searching for my 1000th gift of grace. I started out by reading Ann Voskamp's blog Holy Experience and then read her book.counting each joy I came across. today I want to share with you an entry from over a year ago that captures the glimpse of how I long to see my everyday. I long to see it in the smiles and tears, in calm and in calamity.  Please enjoy the blessings that make my life worth fighting for.

Here is the link to that day - July 2011 or you can read it below. Blessings to you all and Happy Thanksgiving!

Every day that I come to blog land and read the eloquent words of many of you, I am blessed beyond measure with the grace and mercy of our LORD. Our days are filled with the mundane so much, the dishes, the laundry, gathering of things. But to daily seek the joys and grace that our Lord has to offer readily to us is more than blessings for this one soul.

I love this community of believers who wants to take it in and then pass it along to help others see the deepness and richness of His blessing pouring out, not just in the Pollyanna sunshine of the days, but in the darkness of the sorrows of ones spirit. He is there, walking along side, carrying at times, holding us together and clearing the path for our next step.

All that we do, those 'tasks' we fill our day with, the holding and hugging and tucking in ---- All that we do is easier done when the focus is on doing it for HIM.

I lack at the doing it well, and unto the Lord a lot more than I like to think about. I know this though that when I choose to do it with gladness, the JOY comes quickly.

The list continues on.....

Sleep in the absence of my love, thunderstorms, consuming passion, forgiveness asked for in poor attitude and given, quiet, moms, neighbors with open doors, piano, sisters playing mancala, lunch with a friend, An amazing journey in this moment reading encouraging words, crickets chirping, searched for and found - placed on fingertips and dancing around, Neighbor who walks down the street to bring pie (just for her and I to share) and catch up, sunny beautiful breezy days, a 'home' to live in, books being read in bed as sun rises, ambition,"There are not words" being whispered in my ear, full moon rising, searching out family history and finding treasures, smores with jumbo marshmallows, fields of wheat, the bluest of skies, rainbows being caught while watering gardens, play dates at park 11 mommas and 24 kids (blessing for sure), beauty in fellowship with God's people, Eating a meal together after a busy week of late nights, peace, being the dinner guest at new friends home, tender dances in the dark with my man, new grass tender and soooooo green, writing gift #555. and remembering that I am my daddy's 5 cents (his nickel) Nicole :) , the list will never end, His richness and blessing are many. His grace surrounds those that lean in close and listen for Words He speaks to us every where in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment