Saturday, October 20, 2012

Encougaement for Today

Be encouraged by this man's story of great recovery from severe brokeness!
 
 
 
 
 
That first morning of meeting with Stephanie at the studio she shared this video with me. I had watched it before, but there was something different about seeing how physically broken this man was and how by having one person take faith him that he could be helped, he changed his life.

I am overweight, and yes clinically considered morbidly obese, but God has protected me to this point to have never needed medication for any sort of disease - high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, hypertension, ALL run in my family; and yet I have avoided them, by the grace of God. I have never blown a knee, torn a tendon, or herniated anything except my bellybutton.

I have had 3 children and never had gestational diabetes either.Being at the weight of 220 pound when delivering my first child Andrew, I was not able to dilate quickly enough and due to my low carry of abdominal fat my doctor took the easy way and literally unzipped or let me rephrase tha ripped open my abdomen cutting from my belly button to my pelvic muscle, severing all layers of my stomach. I then has our second child with in 2 years and had to have the same cut done for safety. It was years before I could lay on my belly with out wincing.  

So that day, after talking with Stephanie, I walked through the door to the VERY WARM not quite hot room and took the first steps to this journey. That was 3 weeks and 4 days ago, I have attended 16 classes in that time. Let me tell you, I have sweat and worked my body harder in the last 24 days than in the last 24 years, no kidding.  today marks the beginning for Yoga Hot Spots 30 Day Challenge. This morning class with Kristen was a refreshing start to my Saturday.

One reason I can connect to the yoga is that I grew up dancing, and loved it; tap and jazz were wonderful. I have a natural balance, even at this weight that surprises even me. I am also pleased to say I can lay and work through most of the floor/belly down poses with out pain, along with my sciatic not screaming at me as I lay on my back.

Thank you again for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment. Be encouraged that, I was scared - literally scared to attend the first class, to take this step;



BUT MY FEAR AND DISGUST
OF BEING THE BIGGEST PERSON IN MY EVERY DAY LIFE
HAS GIVEN WAY TO THE COURAGE
TO BE THE BIGGEST ONE IN THE EXERCISE ROOM
FOR A LITTLE WHILE SO THAT I CAN BE HEALTHY,
AND PURPOSEFUL IN MY EVERYDAY LIFE AS GOD INTENDED.
 
 
 
 
Have a blessed day!
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Wish I could've been in class too!

    I am so proud of you! You are overcoming your fear...choosing to stay in the "fight"...and to finish the race by faith!
    (one of my favorite verses below...reminds me of YOU)

    2 Timothy 4:7
    "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."

    ReplyDelete